Walney Wind Cheetahs Running Group meets on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and also on Sunday mornings.
We also meet each Saturday morning at 8.45 at the Bandstand in Barrow Park for a 9.00am start to take part in Barrow’s 5k parkrun.
* * * WWC WEEKLY TRAINING * * *
(Please check on our facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in case any changes have been made ~ cancellations are very rare but can happen in windy or icy conditions). The venues are also publicised on our facebook page as these do change seasonally.
• SUN : meet 9.45 at the Abbey Amphitheatre for a 10.00am start running 8km+. There is an adults’ road run and also a parents & children’s run which follows safe pathways avoiding the roads. All welcome!
• MON : meet at 5.45pm for 6pm start, running/walking approx 5km. (Suitable for beginners to experienced runners)
• TUES : meet 5.45pm for 6pm start, running approximately 8-12km. (Come and join us when you feel confident to run 5k or for 30 minutes)
• WED : meet at 5.45pm for 6pm start, running/walking approximately 5km (Suitable for beginners to experienced runners)
Only these 4 WWC Runs ( Mon, Wed, Sun, Tues) are covered by Run England Insurance, and on the condition that a qualified Run Leader is present. While we make every effort to ensure this is the case there may be rare instances when the RLs (who are all volunteers) are not available. When this happens partiipants run at their own risk.
• SAT : 5km parkrun – Barrow Park meet 8.45 for a 9.00am start. (See below for more information).
The Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night runs are 6.00 pm PROMPT starts, we will not be waiting for anybody after this time. The meeting point for Monday and Wednesday sessions, during autumn and winter, is at Park Vale, Mill Lane, Walney Island which provides safe routes for runners during the dark winter months.
In the spring and summer we return to running from Sandy Gap, Walney Island for our Monday and Wednesday runs.
The Tuesday runs begin at Roose Cons Car Park. All members will be notified in advance of any return / change of meeting place. Watch our facebook page for details.
The Saturday morning session will be run as part of the weekly 5km Barrow parkrun event. This is a barcode only event. You will need to register online at: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/
Once registered, print off your barcode and bring it with you. parkrun is not a “race”. Each person is only competing against themselves and their own time. You do not have to run the whole 5km … far from it. You can Walk / Jog / Run as you see fit.
Most importantly of all we can have a good chat, a brew, and maybe some cake in the café afterwards!